Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Friday, March 6, 2015

1/72 madness...

Recently I saw a link to a post in which a fellow was using some very nicely done 3mm American Civil War miniatures with the Battle Cry game from the ever more extensive Commands & Colors system. It reminded me that I had an incomplete ACW project of my own, in 1/72 plastic, in various boxes around the house.

I thought I'd take a look at them and see how far I'd got. As it turns out, I found there was more than just ACW in these boxes. I think I must have got a little carried away!

Box 1: Union Infantry, based for Johnny Reb.



The painted ones are Esci figures, and the primed ones 20mm metal from RSM 95.

Boxes 2 and 3: Confederate infantry, partly painted.





These are a mixture of Esci and Italeri.

Box 4: Union Artillery.


These are Italeri and Revell, I think. I was going to paint these up so that I could use the guns for either side.

Box 5: Bits and pieces including cavalry, limbers and the prone troops firing....






Again, these are Esci, Italeri and Revell.

Boxes 6-10: Reinforcements.


Box 11: Metal reinforcements.


This lot includes dismounted cavalry.

Box 12: Vikings for a Warhammer Ancient Battles project.




I think this lot combines Emher, Orion and Zvezda sets. These were bought over the Japanese version of Ebay.

Boxes 13 and 14: Samurai for either Basic Impetus or WAB.




These ones are Zvezda, and bought in Japan.

Looking at these, I think I have a bit of work to do! It might however be nice to finish off the ACW armies for something different...

4 comments:

  1. Aaron, you DO have a bit of work to do!
    For the Samurai figures, consider using them for Samurai Battles too. Very fun game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan - good tip, and I could even (attempt to) copy your superb paint schemes!

      Delete
  2. Quite a treasure trove you rediscovered there, Aaron! Looking forward to seeing these some more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. The ACW stuff at least would be good to get into gaming shape.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...